Sunday, August 1, 2010

Things that have happened lately

I'm a terrible blogger, I admit. So here is a run-down of what's been happening the last couple of months.

1. I went to the Rocky Mountain Suzuki institute, certified in Book 7 and took a course on teaching the Bruch and Mendelssohn Violin concertos (that course was my favorite!)

2. June 20, Justin was baptized by John on his birthday and Father's day. It was a really special experience. Justin is a very spiritual little boy, although you'd never be able to tell sometimes 'cause he's such a little mischief maker!

3. I've been working for Census 2010 since mid-May--2 operations, NRFU (Non-response Follow-up) and NRFU VDC (VDC stands for Vacant/Delete Check). It's been pretty interesting work

4. John has been working on a plan to open a compressed natural gas station here in Steamboat Springs.

5. I just got approval from the Superintendent of Schools here to run a free Children's Orchestra in the two elementary schools, operated by my non-profit organization (Winter Gardens Conservatory Scholarship Fund). That part is really cool, but even more cool is that she (the Superintendent) is going to lend the use of the school district's grant writer to get the program paid for. Yeah!

6. This past weekend, we were in Utah visiting Joey and Justin's birth mother. The boys, this year did better with the visit than they ever have before. I love to see progress!

No comments: