Sunday, October 26, 2008

Family stuff

John and Christie have been out of town since last Wednesday visiting family in Connecticut. I sure have missed him. I've been sleeping on the couch because he's not here to warm my side of the bed up.

The boys and I went to our ward's Halloween party on Friday. They really did a bang up job. I have mixed feelings about it though. It is a great way to bring in people from the community, but I wonder if they get the wrong idea about us if that is the only time they visit our church? To me, Halloween is a fun, dress-up occasion. I don't really like the scary stuff. Consequently, I steer the boys away from those kind of costumes. They don't really need much convincing. They seem to prefer the tamer stuff as well. Here is a picture of us, taken at the party. The boys were ninja lords and I was a snow angel. If my eyes look kind of wierd it is because I put on fake eyelashes that look like icicles up close, but they didn't seem to come out well on camera.



This picture doesn't give you much of an idea of how the rest of the church was decorated. It was very much like a huanted house. It was really impressive, but not my cup of herbal tea. I like things very toned down.

4 comments:

tammy said...

I clicked on your picture and your eye lashes look lovely! I love your costume. You look so good Holly. Married life must be treating you very well. The boys look very cool. I love the back ground for your picture too.
I hate it when Brennan isn't home also.

Noelle said...

I agree with Tammy, if you click on the picture it enlarges, and then you can see your eyelashes really well.

Our ward also has a Halloween party every year, but we don't have any spooky stuff, just games and trick or treating in the parking lot.

Luella said...

We had the same problem with our camera. We ended up cleaning the lens, and the pictures came out a lot clearer.

The Fieldings said...

I'll have to try that.