I haven't blogged in awhile. That's because around this time of year, I always lose my mind a little bit worse than usual. Ask John. He has to live with it. I don't want to put this out there to garner sympathy, though that is always welcome if you want to give it. It's just that if I am going to blog to let you know our family, you may as well see a few of our warts too. This is one of mine. I hate Valentine's Day. I dread it, in fact. There, it's out. Now nobody will send me cards. If you want to know why(if you don't already know), it's because I watched my late husband kill himself on February 13th. I should be over it by now, I suppose, but I'm not. I am purposefully not hiding out from everyone so close to this day, as I normally would, because I figure that if I start doing things a little differently, maybe I'll start feeling differently/better when this day comes around every year. I don't know if it'll work, but I hope it will. Sorry if this is laying a little too much on you. I love you all.
5 comments:
Sounds like a good approach to a challenging situation. In the meantime, eat chocolate.
I love you Holly. You are an amazing person and wonderful example. I appreciate your honesty and that you're willing to show us your warts. I hope this Valentine's Day is a better one for you.
Holly, I'm sorry for your pain and it's understandable why you hate valentine's day. Sometimes painful memories and experiences are very difficult to overcome. We hurt from them for a very long time. I love you and my heart goes out to you.
Holly, I have always felt that talking and writing through our heartaches is the most therapeutic for us and helps lessen the pain. I don't think the pain will ever really go away - it will only become easier to deal with. I love you!
Thank you Noelle, Shanda, Rachelle and Luella for your love and support. I can't tell you how much your words of comfort mean to me.
Post a Comment